A few ways Silva Construction recommends designing the home to feel more comfortable include:
- Making windows double or triple-paned to reduce noise, and adding insulation into the walls and ceilings to further muffle unwanted sounds.
- Make sure the new materials you purchase come with low-toxic finishes to make the air cleaner.
- Invest in an air system that allows you to personalize the temperature room by room so everyone is always comfortable.
- Choose radiant flooring (also known as underfloor heating), an energy-efficient way to keep warm throughout the cold months
- Ensure you have plenty of natural light; installing skylights is one way to achieve this.
There are a number of more ways to remodel the home with your health in mind, and Silva Construction helps homeowners with this every day.
A past client of Silva Construction said, ?Thanks to you all for making our house remodel a reality. We have heard many horror stories about bad contractors and workmen disappearing half-way through a project, and we feel very fortunate to have found a professional and genuine company that completed the remodel ahead of time and to a high standard. We still have a steady stream of people knocking on our door asking how we got through it all, and I am always happy to recommend Silva Construction.?
David Clarke and Dave Silva are owners of Silva Construction, Inc., located in San Pedro, CA. The company has over 40 years of experience in remodeling construction, and serves Southern California?s South Bay area, including Westchester, El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, San Pedro, Hermosa Beach, Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills, Harbor City, Lomita, Torrance, and other select areas. Their blog can be seen at https://www.silvaconstruction.com/blog3/ and their website can be seen at https://www.silvaconstruction.com. They can be reached at 310-831-6310.