SAN PEDRO, CA: Silva Construction, (http://www.silvaconstruction.com) a residential and commercial remodeling company serving the south bay area of Los Angeles, is giving five home remodeling tips to homeowners.
With several parts to the remodeling process, Dave Silva of Silva Construction decided to share a few tips that would help homeowners have a successful house remodel. Their five tips are:
1. Understand why you want to remodel your home. Depending on whether you?re doing it to raise the value of your home because you?re planning on selling it soon, or because you plan on staying for several years and want to make it more comfortable, knowing why you?re remodeling will help you create a specific and appropriate plan and budget for your remodel
2. Create and stick to a budget. Take into account times you?ll need to live in a hotel or eat out of the kitchen when creating your budget in order to keep it realistic with little to no surprises.
3. Do as much research as possible before beginning your project. This is a great way to gain knowledge from those experienced with home remodels so you can prevent certain challenges and problems, and set realistic expectations.
4. Consult the pros. Yes, DIYing a project can be fun and give you a sense of accomplishment, but it can also turn into a disaster if you?re inexperienced. Find out which tasks you can handle on your own, and which ones would be better suited for a professional.
5. Plan for the unexpected. Things like needing to turn off the water for days, additional expenses, etc., are all situations that may seem unexpected when they happen, but can be prevented if planned for ahead of time.
Dave Silva and David Clarke are owners of Silva Construction, Inc., located in San Pedro, CA. The company has over 40 years of experience in remodeling construction, and serves Southern California?s South Bay area, including Westchester, El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, San Pedro, Hermosa Beach, Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills, Harbor City, Lomita, Torrance, and other select areas. Their blog can be seen at http://www.silvaconstruction.com/blog3/ and their website can be seen at http://www.silvaconstruction.com. They can be reached at 310-831-6310.